Shubhra works with adults, young adults and children at Inner Space. She believes that therapy is a space for a person’s holistic wellness and growth. She works to provide a non-judgemental and compassionate environment where people can feel safe while they work through their difficulties. Therapy for her is also a process of becoming aware of ones’ own strength and ability to cope and reach a more peaceful state of being.
- In her capacity as a trauma informed psychotherapist and counsellor, Shubhra works therapeutically with adults, young adults and children at Inner Space.
- The approaches that she usually utilizes in therapy are Somatic, Mindfulness based and Cognitive Behavioural in nature. In addition, she also draws from techniques of Art and Play therapy, especially with children.
- Shubhra uses varied approaches to help individuals deal with emotional and behavioural difficulties. She believes that every individual has the strength and capacity to feel better with some guidance.
- She finds therapeutic work for self extremely useful for personal and professional growth.
- Shubhra teaches Mindfulness as a practice to children, and has conducted the Breathing Happiness Program for children.
- She has also worked with Apni Shala Foundation in order to include mindfulness in their social-emotional learning curriculum for children.
- She is also training adults and young adults of NGOs in mindfulness and counselling skills.
- Along with her work at Inner Space she also has her private practice.
- Apart from her work as a therapist she has also worked as a Teaching Assistant for students pursuing their Masters in Counseling Psychology from the University of
Mumbai. She was a visiting lecturer for psychology at Nirmala Niketan College of Home Science.
Shubhra has completed her graduation (with honors) in Psychology from Mithibai College of Arts. She pursued her Masters in Applied Psychology (Counselling Psychology) from University of Mumbai.
She has completed her basic and advance training in REBT, Rational Emotive Education for kids and Mindfulness based Psychotherapy.
She has also completed her training in Integral Somatic Psychology (ISP), an approach of therapy which gives us a way to deal with emotions and traumatic experiences in body as well as mind. She is in the process of completing her training in Prenatal and Perinatal trauma.