Parvathi Ganesan: Psychologist & Counselor
Parvathi Ganesan is a trauma-informed Psychotherapist at Inner Space. She works with adult and young adult populations in the organization, and uses a predominantly trauma-sensitive and eclectic approach in her practice. She is deeply passionate about helping clients with their concerns.
Parvathi speaks English, Malayalam, and Hindi.
She has completed her Masters in Applied Psychology (Specialization in Clinical and Counseling Practice) from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS, Mumbai) and has gained hands-on experience working with clients experiencing depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and trauma through her internships and clinical training.
- “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.”- Carl Rogers. Parvathi firmly believes that healing is a continuous process, and feels that everyone has the capacity to heal and grow from their experiences.
- She uses trauma-informed and evidence-based practices like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, by incorporating them with strengths-based, humanistic, and newer, bottom-up approaches.
- Completed internships across five cities in a variety of settings such as Rehabilitation Centers, Psychiatric Units, and Counseling Clinics.
- She is dedicated to guide individuals through their journey and learn from her clients as well. She understands how seeking therapy can be a daunting step, and she is committed to making the process as comfortable and empowering as possible.
- Volunteered as a Psychologist at Sri Sathya Sai Primary Health Care Center, Sion Hospital, Mumbai, Hope Trust, Hyderabad, where she worked closely with individuals experiencing relationship issues, grief, domestic abuse, depression, and anxiety.