- In her capacity as a clinical and counseling psychologist at Inner Space, Gitali works with a diverse range of concerns.
- She is an eclectic therapist and applies therapeutic interventions from different schools of thought like Psycho-dynamic, existential, humanistic, Cognitive Behavioral, in order to address the specific needs of individual clients.
- Previously, she worked as a Counseling Psychologist at a Mumbai-based NGO, Aangan Trust to empower adolescent girls and boys in high–risk communities, conducted CBT-based group programs for incarcerated female offenders and their children and used Play/Art therapy with children in conflict with law aged between 12 to 18 years referred by the Juvenile Justice Board.
- Gitali is also a forensic psychologist and was appointed as a Class II officer at the Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratories, Mumbai in the Psychology department and assisted the Maharashtra Police in criminal investigations.
- She also worked with forensic patients at Medium Secure, UK and dealt with patients suffering from diverse clinical concerns. Following her graduation, she worked in in London for about 2 years in a low secure hospital dealing with clinical patients.
- She also consults at MOSAIC clinic in Thane for clients of all age groups experiencing emotional difficulties. She is currently involved in trauma – focused work and thus, applies EMDR quite extensively in her practice.
Additional work experience includes:
- Visiting faculty at the University Department of Applied Psychology where she teaches the Forensic Psychology paper to post graduate students.
- Consultant with the City Police
- Delivering lectures on forensic psychology at premier police training institutes and International schools
- Trainee EMDR facilitator for the training programs
- Art of Living volunteer
Gitali completed her graduation (Psychology Majors) and Master’s in Applied Psychology (specialization Counseling) from Mumbai University. She has also completed her M.Sc. in Clinical Forensic Psychology from Leicester, UK. Other trainings include
- Advanced training in Child and adult assessment at the Institute for Psychological Health Thane, Maharashtra (India)
- Certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist (Level 1 and level 2), Trauma focused Therapy.
- Advanced Certification in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (British Psychological Society).
- Advanced training in Cognitive behavioral Therapy for Substance Misuse (British psychological Society)
- Advanced Training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (British Psychological Society)
- Advanced Training in Schema Therapy for complex mental illness (International Society of Schema therapy).