- In her capacity as a psychologist, Amrita has provided therapeutic and psychoeducative services to adults, adolescents and children at multiple clinical set ups.
- Her approach to therapy is guided by a holistic approach to well-being. She draws draw humanistic, psychodynamic, and cognitive behavioural theoretical orientations, to best meet the unique needs of each client. Having worked extensively with survivors of abuse, she adopts a trauma informed approach in therapy.
- Additionally, she views therapy as a space to unfold wounds stemming from systemic factors and strives to adopt a social-justice framework in understanding each client’s narrative.
- She has provided counseling and psychotherapy services to both adults and with a wide range of clinical concerns such as anxiety, depression and other mood based concerns, relationship concerns, adjustment based issues, self-esteem, academic difficulties, survivors of abuse and trauma among others.
- She has also engaged in significant amount of psychometric testing in the past and has administered personality tests , intelligence tests and clinical concerns based tests to both adults and children.
- Previously, she worked as a counselor in Henry Street Settlement a large scale community based organization in New York, USA where she provided therapy for a range of concerns to both children and adults.
- Her aim is to support client’s in their journey of exploration and healing by creating an empathic, caring, safe and holding space.
- In addition to working at Inner Space, she also has her own private practice and is a consultant therapist at Mind Heal(th) a counseling center based in Mumbai.
Amrita has pursued her undergraduate degree in psychology from St Xavier’s College, Mumbai, following which she completed her Masters in Clinical Psychology from SNDT University, Mumbai. She also completed her Masters Mental Health Counselling from Teachers College, Columbia University, U.S.A. She has also completed advanced certificate courses and training in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) and Transactional Analysis.