Level I: 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course
The 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation
July/August 2022 Tentatively
Frequency & Timings:
Every Sunday, 10:30 to 12:30 pm
~ Online through live webinars
~ Recordings Of Webinars Available for Those who Can't Attend it Live
New Participants: INR 11,500/- (inclusive of 18% GST) oR 185 USD per person
Repeat Participants: INR 8,500/- oR 137 USD per person
Note: If you can not afford the course fee and are interested to join and experience the 8-week mindfulness meditation course, please contact us and we will do the best we can. We want as many people as to experience the joy and learnings of this course!
Contact Details: +91 9833985538 Monday to Saturday between 9 AM and 7 PM or firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course
This mindfulness meditation course has been designed to be an immersive experience, focusing on developing both conceptual understanding and practice.
While the course looks to keep mindfulness, or present moment awareness at its center, it references several concepts from neuroscience and eastern philosophy to cement those ideas in way that is logical and practically applicable to life.
The main objective of the course is to empower participants with tools that create awareness of thoughts, emotions, and situations and help them to navigate the difficult mental stories and emotions that seem overwhelming, all the while providing a framework of living a life of meaning and presence.
Mindfulness is a beautiful practice that allows us to live in this genuine, simple, and authentic way and to express ourselves joyfully as we are.
While the 8-week mindfulness meditation course is taken as a group, it has been created to align to everyone’s individual journey, as the fundamentals of awareness and emotional management apply to all.
Why an 8 Weeks Mindfulness Meditation Course?
Neuroscience research has shown that 8 weeks of mindfulness and meditation practice can change the neurological wiring of the brain in healthy ways.
8 weeks of meditation practice is known to change the structure and function of the brain. A number of studies have been done to test this out. Here is an article by the Harvard Gazette that highlights some of the important studies on the effects of mindfulness and their findings.
- Has practical and experiential components
- Clarifies concepts of mindfulness
- Teaches practice of meditation
- Has a 8-week structure backed by neuroscience research
- Helps in applying the learnings to navigating the stresses of every day life
The 8-week Mindfulness Meditation Course has two integral aspects: Self-study/practice and live webinars.
The self-study/practice aspect includes prerecorded, easy to consume videos that explain mindfulness concepts. This also consists of guided meditation practice audios to help you with regular practice.
Weekly mindfulness application practices will be provided to help you apply the learnings to your life.
- Every week a live webinar will be held by the facilitator. This webinar will focus on addressing difficulties and questions around the content that was shared through the videos, reiterating the important concepts and doing a group guided meditation practice together, that would help set the stage for deeper work and new concepts in the following week.
The entire 8 weeks is created to be an immersive experience and needs about 20-30 minutes a day from you to view the content and to follow the practices.
The idea is that you not only become conceptually more aware but are able through active practice to experience the actual benefits of being present and aware.
- What is mindfulness
- Understanding of evolutionary psychology, supportive of why the brain works as it does
- The neuroscience of mindfulness
- Learning to apply mindfulness in everyday life
- Working with the body mindfully- learning body meditation
- Learning Breathing Meditation
- Learning how to work with emotions mindfully
- Learning how to work with thoughts mindfully
- Dealing with thoughts and emotions in everyday life- personal application
- Mindfulness and Indian philosophy: Deepening practice through understanding of basic philosophical principles
Facilitator Of The 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course
Sadia Saeed is the founder and chief psychologist of Inner Space.
In her 20 years of practice as a clinical psychologist she has extensively worked with various individuals and organizations helping incorporate mindfulness practices in order to aid emotional resilience, personal growth and mental health. Her expertise is in blending the eastern and western approaches- integrating the study of Buddhist Suttas and yogic practices with neuroscience, evolutionary psychology and principles of somatic healing to present mindfulness in a way that is applicable to challenges of the present day.
Know more about Sadia.