“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” – Mahatma Gandhi
A practicing clinical – forensic psychologist with over 6 years of experience, I have found my true calling: being a part of an individual’s transformational journey, helping them address their life difficulties and witnessing them coming out stronger.
I would call myself an eclectic therapist, as I do not strictly adhere to a single psychological approach rather apply therapeutic interventions from different schools of thought like Psychodynamic, existential, humanistic, Cognitive Behavioral, in order to address the specific needs of individual clients.
I did my formative schooling from Indian International School, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. But relocated back to India in 1998 and completed my High School from Thane. I completed my graduation (Psychology Majors) and Master’s in Applied Psychology (specialization Counseling) from Mumbai University.
Post my Masters I worked for two years, in this time I received two prestigious scholarships in order to pursue my M.Sc. in Clinical Forensic Psychology from Leicester, UK. Apart from my formal qualification, I have received the following trainings and certifications:
- Advanced training in Child and adult assessment at the Institute for Psychological Health Thane, Maharashtra (India)
- Certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist (Level 1 and level 2), Trauma focused Therapy.
- Advanced Certification in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (British Psychological Society).
- Advanced training in Cognitive behavioral Therapy for Substance Misuse (British psychological Society)
- Advanced Training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (British Psychological Society)
- Advanced Training in Schema Therapy for complex mental illness (International Society of Schema therapy).
Right after my postgraduation in 2008, I commenced work as a Counseling Psychologist at a Mumbai-based NGO, Aangan Trust where I worked on group programs to empower adolescent girls and boys in high–risk communities, conducted CBT-based group programs for incarcerated female offenders and their children and used Play/Art therapy with children in conflict with law aged between 12 to 18 years referred by the Juvenile Justice Board.
In 2010, I was appointed as a Class II officer at the Directorate of Forensic Science Laboratories, Mumbai in the Psychology department. Here, I got an opportunity to assist Maharashtra Police officers in criminal investigations.
While I was completing my M.Sc. in UK, I worked with forensic patients at a Medium Secure where I dealt with patients suffering from schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Clinical depression, anxiety, addiction etc. After I graduated, I worked in London for about two years in a low secure hospital dealing with clinical patients experiencing moderate to severe clinical concerns.
I returned to India in 2014 and started consulting at MOSAIC clinic in Thane where I work with clients of all age groups experiencing emotional difficulties. I am currently very involved in trauma – focused work and thus, apply EMDR quite extensively in my practice.
Other Work Experience:
- I am a visiting faculty at the University Department of Applied Psychology. I teach the Forensic Psychology paper to post graduate students.
- I am a consultant with the City Police
- I have delivered lectures on forensic psychology at premier police training institutes and International schools
- I am a trainee EMDR facilitator for the training programs
- I am an Art of Living volunteer
Spirituality is something that really interests me and thus, it finds a space in my practice as well. Spiritual practices like Yoga and meditation has brought a very positive change in my life. Apart from this, I love travelling, music, dance and learning new languages. I have a formal certification in French language from Alliance Francaise de Bombay.